Many volunteers from within the meeting assist in the tasks of the Kitchen Committee, such as setting up and taking down tables, washing dishes and other cleanup, and bringing food. The kitchen is a good place to get to know people.
Responsibilities of the Kitchen Committee are:
1. Meet regularly to clean the kitchen, although the resident caretaker maintains the kitchen floor, and all users tidy and wipe down after use.
2. Check supplies in the kitchen and replenish as necessary, keeping track of expenses to be reimbursed.
3. Coordinate setting out and cleaning up refreshments after rise of weekly Meeting for Worship. May provide a light meal preceding monthly Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business.
4. Coordinate the potluck lunch on the fourth First Day of the month, requesting volunteers to help with set-up and clean-up.
5. Report to House Committee concerning repair and maintenance needs in the kitchen.
6. Submit a proposed budget to the Finance Committee when requested.
7. Present annual report to Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business in Fifth Month.
8. When possible provide refreshments at Meeting functions or assist those who do so.
9. When possible help out as needed at special events such as the Christmas dinner, Arizona Half-Yearly Meeting when it meets in Tucson, or threshing sessions, or be available with advice as needed.
This webpage last updated 18 May 2012.